Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I Can Read Hindi!!!

This past semester I have really been challenging myself to learn some new things…a new language being one of them. For those of you who have never taught yourself a language or a new alphabet, it can be really frustrating because it just feels like you suck all the time…

I just went back and looked at one of the beginner lessons on a blog I have been using and it totally just made me feel good about myself.

I only had to look at the transliteration (English alphabet) for one letter and the rest was a piece of cake. So I can’t quite read a kids book yet, or understand much at all, or think quick enough to speak, but I have made some good progress…and knowing that I have made this progress helps to keep me going.

Be sure to check out my Art+ blog to see how Hindi (and Indian culture) is inspiring my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment