Thursday, May 11, 2017

YouTube Practice

One of my favorite ways to practice speaking is on YouTube. I realize that you don't get to practice conversational skills this way, which is where I struggle in all my languages.

But here are the steps for how I practice using YouTube.

1. Preparation.
My preparation for a YouTube video varies greatly. I either decide on a topic or simply take out my phone and start rambling. Sometimes I will write out a script and read it or use notes (I do both of these from time to time in English as well).

2. Recording.
This is simple. Sometimes I use the webcam on my computer and if I'm not at home, I use my phone.

3. Editing. 
I realize that I could just upload the videos but I have noticed that it is helpful for viewers to at least have subtitles and its no fun for them to sit through my ums and pauses. It can make the video more enjoyable for my viewers, who are primarily English speaking.

4. Posting.
Upload and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment